Mar 26, 2009

A Project Within A Project

So I've decided that I've learned what I need to from my Cucumber experiments[1,2] and now it's time to dive in for real but to do that I need to be sure I understand my objective and of course it's complicated like an onion. So I'm going to pop the why stack a few times.

My outer goal is to provide myself with a realistic Rails project that I can apply Agile, Behavior Driven Development techniques to. I'm writing the code so I can continue my education. I'm blogging about it so that I can generate some self promotion. I may benefit from the self promotion if I choose to pursue this career path again someday.

Of course it's necessary for the inner project to have legitimate driving factors as well, otherwise I can't really practice managing an agile process. So, here's a bit of background on the goals of the inner project...

The inner project is a DIY/HOWTO blog that's also an online store. The goal is to provide quality original content. So that it drives traffic to the site. So that related merchandise is exposed to reader traffic. So that stuff can be sold. So that I can make money.

So now with the stake holder's position explained it's time to start planning the project!

No comments: