Mar 26, 2009

The Facebook UI Changes

Lots of people have been talking about the UI changes on Facebook but I wasn't immediately sure of how I felt. I was more than willing to give the new look a chance. After all the old UI really sucked.

Well, I've decided. The new UI sucks even worse!

Oddly it took this change for me to understand what I was using Facebook for. Which has primarily been to watch status changes, photo uploads and exchange private messages.

The problem is that since the change everyone has started having much longer conversations on the "what's on you mind" post and unlike wall-to-wall conversations you can't opt-out of them.

I'm stuck reading them all! It sucks!

If I want to read through my updates to see things I'm interested in I have to wade through tons and tons of spam and it's not just conversation spam it's all the noise from the hundreds of absolutely retarded facebook applications.

The signal to noise ratio has dropped to the point where I've pretty much given up.

No comments: